Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tip- Flea Markets

Eating healthy can be pretty pricey sometimes, especially if your favorite vegetables and fruits are out of season. A little money saving tip is to go to farmer's markets or flea markets for fresh and low priced produce!

I got all of this stuff at a local flea market for under $20. 

2 Dragon Fruit
2 Eggplants
3 Cucumbers
5 lbs of Longan (will be a post about these soon!)
11 Kiwis
Bok Choy
Chinese Brocolli
Ginger
Green Onions
Mushrooms
Okra
Cilantro

If I purchased the same things at a chain grocery store, it would have been twice the price! Just a little tip to save some money :) There will be a recipe soon for a simple Udon soup recipe with most of the above vegetables just mentioned!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, looks wonderful! I love Farmers' Markets!

    Just stopped ny from SITS, hope you do the same!
    Have a decision I am trying to make, maybe you can help. Which illustration of my daughter do I frame, the Multi-color one or the Pink and Turquoise!

    www.katynikitachurchill.blogspot.com

    Will follow your blog!

    -kristina-

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some really great advice : )
    I want to go to a farmers market to shoot some pretty pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap, 5 lbs of Longan? *dies* ... Those are my favorite fruit ever but the ones at the local chinese grocery are always not fresh and still $ or so a pound. I don't we have flea markets around here that sell asian stuff. What city is this in?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No longans here but then if they do it's super pricey!!! You got a ton of yummies for a deal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cooking too! This is a really great blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only flea markets I have been to were quite a bit out of town for me and I went with my parents. I didn't think the prices were very competitive at all :( But at least they were fresh and I prefer to buy from the farmers themselves so that they make more profit....I know farmers make very little money selling to middle men like grocery stores
    Yeah, I try putting lots of glue on my fake nails like you suggested but for some reason I always have problems avoiding air bubbles on the thumb nails when applying fake nails :\ Not sure why....but thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete