Sunday, August 8, 2010

Dragon Fruit

A new fruit we recently started eating is Dragon Fruit. If you don't know what it is, its a beautiful but crazy looking fruit that reminds us of a kiwi. The outside is a bright pink with bits of bright green. The inside is white with lots of little black seeds (comparable to the ones in kiwis). They aren't sour but they aren't sweet. Its a very mild fresh flavor.


The Inside:
This is what it looks like when cut in half. Theres many ways to cut and peel this fruit. Usually I prefer to peel the outer layer.

As you can see, the outer layer can be easily peeled off.

When peeled, you can dice or slice. Eat it alone, add it to a salad, add it in a smoothie, or do whatever you please! :)

4 comments:

  1. Dragon fruit looks really cool on the outside and even the inside! But you know what, it's really tasteless to me :( I guess it'd be good as a nutrition boost for a smoothie or something but I don't enjoy eating it on it's own...plus, I can't get it at my local grocer. But I do LOVE kiwi fruit :)
    BTW I tried your fish recipe post and the baked fish turned out really good! I made some substitutions too - like I didn't have bok choy so I used lettuce and instead of cilantro I used green onion. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! Looking forward to others

    ReplyDelete
  2. the fruit looks so unreal and pretty on the outside that it doesn't even look edible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, I've been wanting to try that but my husband was being cheap and didn't let me get it. lol. It costs an arm and leg just to get it where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! I wanna try it!)
    allglamthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete