Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pesto Tomato Chicken Raviolis with Mushroom

So this might not be the prettiest meal you will ever make, but its one of my favorites. Matt first made this for me awhile ago and since then, I've stolen the recipe and called it my own :) Haha, I kid I kid :) Read on to learn how to make "Matt's" pesto tomato chicken raviolis with mushrooms!


INGREDIENTS
Jar of Spaghetti Sauce- your preference on kind and/or brand (we picked a spicy one)
Pesto
Cheese Raviolis
Chicken (we prefer frozen because its easier to cut)
Mushrooms


STEP 1
Defrost the chicken enough where the outside is soft but the enter is still a little frozen (skip this step if you have fresh chicken). Cut into thin slices.

STEP 2
Prepare raviolis according to package.

STEP 3
Heat a pan up and add chicken, then add the pesto. Cook on high until chicken is cooked.

STEP 4
Add mushrooms and stir in.
 

STEP 5
Add half the jar of spaghetti sauce. You want about the same ratio of pesto and sauce.

STEP 6
When everything is cooked and mixed together add raviolis to the pan.

Mix all together!

TADA! Simple and quick meal for the weekdays. Like I said, don't judge this recipe by its looks!









1 comment:

  1. Oh...looks yum. I've never had tomato sauce AND pesto sauce together. I love both separately so I will probably enjoy this. Your boy came up with this recipe? He's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete