Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Fruit- Sugar Apple

So Matt and I like to try things that are out of the ordinary. We saw this while we were buying some vegetables. We found out these ugly things are called Sugar Apples. After googling it (we google EVERYTHING) we got excited to try it because it sounded very interesting.

The Sugar Apples

The inside

It was a very messy fruit to eat since the texture isn't solid like a real apple. It is slimy and messy but all worth the fuss. They were very sweet and reminded us of honey. Oh but be careful, according to google, the seeds are toxic! 

3 comments:

  1. It's new to me but it sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg!! i think this is my favorite fruit from the philippines!! i only know it by the filipino name-atis? but i love love love this fruit it and miss it dearly :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my site. I see you have discovered a fruit from the Caribbean. They don't look like much I know but they are delicious:-)

    ReplyDelete